HIDE Winter Weather Advisory issued February 20 at 6:50AM EST until February 21 at 12:00AM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg
...ACCUMULATING SNOW EXPECTED TODAY ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE
WESTERN CAROLINAS AND THE NORTHEAST GEORGIA MOUNTAINS...
.Moisture returning from the south into an increasingly cold
airmass will produce accumulating snowfall across portions of the
area later today. The precipitation will begin as rain, or as a
mix of sleet, rain, and snow in many areas, but should steadily
transition to snow throughout the day.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 4
inches, with higher amounts possible above 3500 feet.
* WHERE...The North Carolina mountains and the mountains of
* WHEN...Until midnight EST tonight.
* IMPACTS...Although roads will initially be warm and wet, plan
on slippery road conditions developing through the day. The
hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Widespread black ice will likely develop
tonight through Friday morning as temperatures fall into the
teens and 20s behind the storm.