HIDE Winter Storm Warning issued January 16 at 6:09PM EST until January 17 at 6:00PM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg
...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST MONDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation. Additional snow accumulations
of 1 to 5 inches, with isolated areas seeing up to 6 inches.
Winds gusting as high as 50 mph, especially in higher
* WHERE...Portions of western North Carolina, particularly along
the Tennessee border.
* WHEN...Until 6 PM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Widespread black ice should be expected
Monday morning, and may be a concern into the middle of the
week. DOT asks persons to stay off roads unless absolutely